Mon to Fri 08:00 – 16:00
Tel: +27(0) 18 294 3826
Fax: +27(0) 86 603 4878
Maree Park building, 3 Maree Street
Postnet 462, Private bag X1288
In 2013, Lumegen Laboratories opened its doors in Potchefstroom. The laboratory originated from services previously provided by the North West University’s Mitochondrial Research Laboratory at the Centre for Human Metabolomics.
The laboratory is still collaborating with the university on various projects to ensure the development of new molecular diagnostic tests.
In 2016 the laboratory moved to a new facility to expand and include cattle and wildlife tests.
- The privacy of our clients is very important to us. We will never disclose any personal information to outside sources or test results to anyone except the person who submitted the tests.
- By submitting a submission form the client agrees that the information provided is correct. No alterations are allowed on result certificates after results were sent. NO SAMPLES WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THE PROPER FORMS/DOCUMENTATION.
- Lumegen laboratories will not be held liable for consequential, incidental or other damages of any kind, even if Lumegen Laboratories have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Lumegen Laboratories doesn’t take responsibility for incorrect results as collection and transport procedures are not within our control. Keep in mind that no DNA test of any kind is 100% accurate.
- For quality purposes, all samples are kept for at least three years before it is safely disposed.
The vision & mission of the company is to increase prosperity in the local community by providing high-quality molecular diagnostic services. With our collaboration with the North West University we are also providing new expertise and careers in the field of molecular diagnostics.